Are you inspired by the interior design showcased in The Great Gatsby? Do you want to bring styles of classic Hollywood to your home? Check out our tips for decorating your home in the Old Hollywood Glamour design style.
What Does Old Hollywood Glamour Mean in Interior Design?
Homes decorated in the Old Hollywood Glamour style make us feel nostalgic for the allure of entrancing, doe-eyed movie stars.
Furniture in this design style is characterized by:
- Bold, deep colors
- Dramatic, timeless silhouettes
- Rich, plush materials and upholstery
Ellie Design Studio explains, “Hollywood Glam decor is exactly what it sounds like – excessive everyday glamour. Infused with the requisite high-shine lacquered finishes, metallics, and rich fabrics with a nod to Art Deco and Mid Century Modern practicality.”
Keep reading to learn about our favorite locally sourced pieces that bring this design style into your home.
Old Hollywood Glamour Sofas in the Bay Area
You can visit our Sofa Creations showrooms in San Francisco and San Rafael to get inspiration for your Hollywood Glam interior design, or we can design a completely custom piece for your home. Here are some of our favorite classic Hollywood sofas and sectionals:
- Barcelona Sofa — The Barcelona Sofa is classy and timeless, with beautiful tufting in a diamond pattern across the back and sides. We recommend customizing your Barcelona with a rich, bold color for maximum glamour.
- Carson Sectional — With gently curving armrests, a sleek chaise seat, and overstuffed cushions, you’ll find grace and comfort in the Carson Sectional.
- Clyde Sofa — Clean lines and soft features characterize our subtle Clyde Sofa.
- Dublin Sofa — Our Dublin Sofa looks like something Ava Gardner would have sat upon in the classic film Pandora and the Flying Dutchman. Its glamorous straight arms and back are blind-tufted with a biscuit pattern, and are defined with slight, subtle piping in the seams.
- Hayes Sectional — The Hayes Bumper Chaise Sectional is full of glamour with beautiful tufting along the back and arms, slim legs, and perfectly straight piping along the seams.
- Logan Sofa — Any movie star would love to get their hands on an eclectic, gorgeous Logan Sofa. Its low back, round side cushions, and subtle tufting along the seat make this sofa a chic addition to any room.
- Nines Sofa — We’re willing to bet Audrey and Marilyn had a sofa like the Nines Sofa in their hey days. Its low back is accessorized with a high row of gentle tufting, and its single seat cushion adds even more drama to the couch.
- Pauline Sofa — The Pauline is the ultimate statement piece with its high back cushions, nailhead trim, and subtly rounded arm rests.
- Reagan Sofa — You’ll love the Reagan Sofa’s double back cushions, angled arms, and elegant, slim legs.
- Victoria Sectional — You won’t be able to look away from your Victoria Sectional with its sloping arms, tufted, cushy back, and clean lines.
We personalize every sofa, sleeper, and sectional for each individual customer, so we can customize any of these pieces according to your preferred colors, dimensions, and style.
Keep reading to learn about some of our favorite local home goods stories that have even more designs you’ll love!
Where to Find Old Hollywood Glamour Furniture in the Bay Area
Whether you need to deck out your living room, bedroom, or another room in your home with Old Hollywood Glamour pieces, we must recommend the following locally-sourced items:
- Saddle Leather Chaise from Heath Ceramics in the Bay Area — This leather chaise longue is the perfect addition to a sitting room, bedroom, or home office.
- Polished Chrome Bar Cart from Hudson Grace in San Francisco — This silver bar cart adds the shiny, silver accent every Hollywood Glam room needs.
- Mahogany Buffet Table from Sierra Living Concepts in the Bay Area — Over the top, yet practical, this buffet table takes inspiration from European designs and adds glitz to your room with its hammered gold appearance.
Where to Find Old Hollywood Glamour Accessories in the Bay Area
Need to decorate your room with a few more accessories and home goods? Check out our favorite Old Hollywood Glamour pieces from local Bay Area stores:
- Vintage Mirror Tray from Anthem in San Francisco — This elegant, vintage piece makes a great decoration for a coffee table centerpiece, mantle, bookshelf, or anywhere else.
- Hollywood Hills Photograph from Anyon Atelier in the Bay Area — Literally bring a piece of Old Hollywood into your home with this classic photo taken by noted photographer César Ancelle-Hansen.
- Shearling Pillows from Super Simple in the Bay Area — Your Hollywood Glam room isn’t complete until you add some decadent furs!
About Sofa Creations — California’s Custom-Made Furniture Company
We’ve been California’s most trusted family-run custom furniture company since 2010. We love working with clients like you to design the perfect custom-made sofa, sectional, or sleeper sofa for your home. Please contact us to learn more about our customization process, or visit us in San Francisco or San Rafael to see some of our favorite styles in person.